Brauhaus Goldener Engel - Ingelheim, Germany




Taaadaa!
So, after my lovely lunch date today, I will let you know where and what I ate and if you ever end up being in the area you can check this spot out yourselves.

Brauhaus Goldener Engel

food3




Sooo, I discovered this German Brauhaus about a year ago, when I was still living in Ingelheim and this found is a true treasure. "Brauhaus Goldener Engel" is a German brewery that does not only serve their own beer (as well as a broad selection of wines and other beers) and mouth-watering food but they have so many great reviews all over the internet and trust me when I tell you that they're all justified. The atmosphere, the location, the service, the food - it's all what's cracked up to be. I will have to say though that it is really hard to get a reservation on the weekends. Now if you go for lunch you won't have a problem. But if you're planning on having dinner on the weekends and you're a bigger group I suggest you make reservations in advance, because people LOVE this place.

The Interior

food4

food5

food6

food

Isn't it just cozy? I have to say that I love rustic decorated restaurants. It's the simple things that attract me. The dark furniture and the minimalistic style of this place just mash together beautifully. They kept it simple yet elegant and classy. You notice that they will decorate according to the season, but the decorations are not too overwhelming. Don't you hate it when you get to a place and you have the feeling you're watching an episode of "Hoarders?" It won't happen here.
The friendly and (seriously) happy service here will make you feel right at home. Let me add another bonus: The waitress will not show up every second to ask how your food is - thank God. I mean, I love good service just like everyone else, but leave me alone while I'm trying to devour my flavorsome foodibles. The waitresses here are just the right amount of friendly and I appreciate it! Seriously.

The Patio

food2

food7

Excuse me? But how gorgeous is this??! Goldener Engel seriously has the biggest patio I've ever seen. You can easily seat about 200 people just outside. In the summer they have a beautiful "Biergarten" (a German fancy way of saying drink your delicious beer outside) and "packed" is an understatement at this point. Germans love their beer. But they especially love their beer outside when it's freaking hot - and who can blame them! Everyone loves an cold one on a hot day.
Another think I appreciate is being friendly to your customer's pets. Water for your dogs? What more do you want?! Ahhh.... I really, really like this place!

The Food

food8

food9

We all know what they say: "A picture says more than a thousand words" - how true is this in this case? I ordered this delicious "Sudhauspfanne" - a skillet with - wait for it - medallions of pork, beans with bacon, Spätzle (which are basically Swabian noodles) and a yummy mushroom cream sauce. ERMAGHERD!!!! Yes, it was absolutely as delicious as it sounds and looks. The pork was so tender and that really surprised me. I'm not a big fan of pork, because most of the time the meat tends to be really dry and it's just so uncomfortable to eat - I hate when that happens! But I was so surprised, when I had the meat today, just very tender and juicy. Everything far exceeded my expectations for a simple lunch and the prices - even more than reasonable. You will be able to have a great lunch, drinks, and even a latte after lunch for less than 40 Euros for two. Yes, you read correctly, LESS than 40 Euros. This really happened today!

Since I'm raving about this place I really want to emphasize the fact that I am in no way, shape, or form being endorsed for this post nor was my lunch for free. This is me going out for lunch and collecting tastes, opinions, and experiences and wanting to share them with you. It obviously goes without saying, since I've been blogging for less than a week, I mean I'd like to think that I'm a pretty cool kid, but let's be real here - haha! So, whatever you see on my blog is a genuine reflection of my experiences and what I like and dislike not some made-up opinion someone else has.

I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope that you are as excited as I am about this new category that I added to the blog.
Let me know what you think!
xx
Sam

Leave a Comment

Kommentar veröffentlichen