My Beauty Favs of December 2014




Disclaimer!!!

So, I posted this flashback of beauty favorites on my older blog, but I decided to import most of my older posts that are relevant to this blog. So if I'm wishing you a happy new year in February, it's because this was written last year. ;-) 

I hope you enjoy!


Hi lovelies,
It is time for a new tradition and for me to blog more about my no. 1 passion: Makeup!
Most of you, who follow me on Instagram (@toosamazing) know that I collect as much makeup as humanly possible. I love to try new brands ranging from drugstore products all the way to the known high end brands. But I still feel like I haven't blogged much about makeup and that really bums me out. So welcome to a hopefully long and consistent new segment on my blog - the monthly beauty favorites!

Face Products

IMG_1716
I'm so obsessed with this foundation it's not even funny. It's medium coverage, but can definitely be build up to full coverage depending on the amount that is applied as well as the brush that is used. I can't really vouch for the whole "matching" aspect of it, since my undertone is more on the neutral side so it's normally very difficult for me to find a good match for my skin tone, but I still love it!
Get it here.

IMG_1722This priming powder was definitely a huge surprise for me this month. My sister Kelly sent me this great Christmas package with tons of products she uses on the regular and wanted me to try it. I'm usually more of a cream primer person so I was a little skeptical when I tried it for the first time. Since I really wanted to minimize my pores and have a great base for my foundation I applied with a really thick tapered Kabuki brush by Sigma and let me tell you that I just love it. I instantly noticed the difference. My foundation was going on very smoothly and it required no setting with a powder at all. Go Too Faced!
Get it here.
IMG_1723
OK, first of all, this bronzer smells like chocolate. Like chocolate!!! It is the most delicious thing I've ever applied to my face. I love how you can build up to the desired tone, because a lot of bronzers tend to be either too dark or too shimmery so that the contouring might look either cakey or, even worse, very fake. Love this!
Get it here.
IMG_1718
IMG_1719
So a few weeks ago I bought a few things off the bh Cosmetics website, because I think I'm the only person on this planet who has known about the brand, but never really got around to purchase something from them. Well, I finally did and I understand what the hype is about. This blush palette is seriously my go to blush for now. I love that this palette has so many different shades and most of them are perfect for every skin tone. The blushes are really pigmented, I mean some of them even too much. I don't mean this in a negative way at all; you just need to be careful if you tend to be heavy-handed with your brushes.
Get it here.
IMG_1715
And last but not least, my new found love this month! Gosh!!! This highlighter by Makeup Revolution is just simply gorgeous! I stumbled across this brand a couple of weeks ago and since the products are really convenient, I decided to purchase a bunch of stuff just to try them out. The packaging definitely reminds me of the heart-shaped Too Faced blushes & highlighters. I haven't seen my MAC "Soft & Gentle" all of December, I've been this obsessed!
Get it here.

Eye Products

IMG_1725
Hello, savior for lazy girls. I'm sure you're all familiar with being stressed during the holiday season. Running errands, getting presents, and all that stuff. I have to admit that my makeup has been really light these past couple of weeks, because I was just juggling too many things at once. So instead of putting a lot of time into in-depth smokey eyes, I literally used this eye pencil by Urban Decay and it is amazing. It's like butter, very creamy and sooo intense. Trust me, I didn't miss my gel liner AT ALL!
Get it here.
IMG_1717This mascara is truly something else. I'm pretty sure that most of us it's pretty much impossible to go ahead and find the perfect mascara. Don't get me wrong, I own a few mascaras that I really like and will definitely repurchase, but none of them has been "the perfect one" so far. Well, the "Better than sex" mascara by Too Faced surely comes close to perfect. The brush is so unique, I've never seen anything like it and the formula is so creamy yet not too intense. It's definitely worth a try if you haven't tried it yet.
Get it here.
IMG_1720So as I mentioned before, I went on this pretty crazy bh Cosmetics online shopping haul and decided to try one of their brow pens. I really, really like the texture and formula of this brow pen. It's like butter and so easy to blend that it will transform your eyebrows. The only "problem" that I'm having with it, is that it doesn't really match my hair color or my brow color. I'll see if another color is more flattering for me. But other than that I have not regretted buying this at all. Definitely a great find.
Get it here.

Lip Products

IMG_1724
This month I welcomed two new lipsticks to my MAC family. Finally "Russian Red", which is such a topseller shade that I must be the only red-lipstick-lover, who didn't have this beauty in her collection. Then I got "Speak Louder" which is a rich, pinky shade maybe more suitable for work and school. I love, love, love these! They're not only gorgeous, but also last forever, as any other MAC lipstick! Love them!
Get it here.
IMG_1714Last but not least, my very first Urban Decay lipstick in the shade "Native." First of all, I have to admit that I've been eyeing these lipsticks for so long online and just never got around to actually purchase and try one. Second of all, I'm usually not a big fan of nude lipsticks, because they just make me look so pale and life-less. Well, not anymore. Hello, nude lipsticks! This very creamy and matte lipstick is peeeerfect! It's gorgeous and makes me want to purchase more Urban Decay lippies!
Get it here.

Well, babes, that's it for the monthly favorites and this is also my last post in 2014. I really hope you guys had a fantastic year and I cannot wait to start the new year with tons of blogging and meeting more and more wonderful people on here.
Much love & a happy New Year!
xoxo
Sam

Leave a Comment

Kommentar veröffentlichen